Job Title: Software Development Manager
Location: West Chester, PA
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Salary Range: $130,000 - $140,000 + Bonus
As Software Development Manager you will be responsible for managing a dynamic team with a focus on writing code and developing applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies. You will work with the development and support teams, as necessary, to ensure the technical solutions meet the business needs, and are developed and implemented with high quality following agreed upon standards. You will work closely with key stakeholders and customers for business requirements, status updates and strategic initiatives. As the leader of a development team, you will have the unique opportunity to influence and shape both strategy and delivery for the project teams. This candidate should have a technical background in programming and will be expected to read, architect, and sometimes even write code.
This is a hands-on development/management role. The responsibilities of this position will shift depending upon life cycle phase.
- Lead cross-functional teams to successful delivery of complex business initiatives.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in all aspects including development, architecture, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the technical assessment of new designs and development work.
- Mentor staff members in their development following standards and perform code reviews.
- Ability to lead others toward technical accomplishment, as a collaborative project team, in order to achieve project goals.
- Provides technical support for user issues; troubleshoots problems and takes corrective action on a timely, effective basis.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environment and priorities.
- Motivation to take ownership of tasks and the determination to drive them to completion.
- Ability to read, architect, and write code.
- Development experience with Web-based projects using the Microsoft stack: ASP.NET, C#, F#.
- Experience in Web services (XML, SOAP, WCF), Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Agile management experience as well as change control processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to understand others and clearly express thoughts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities.
- Strong understanding of web development/performance issues and mitigation approaches.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software development and 3+ years as a development manager.
This is a full-time/permanent position offering competitive salary and a complete benefits package. Unfortunately, our client is unable to sponsor for this position. Candidates must be able to work permanently in the United States.
For immediate consideration, qualified applicants should email their resume to Justin Boland at email@example.com.