Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you're aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below!Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they're a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you?
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be HumbleWe Focus on Four C's
Commerce (the "E" kind in our case)
Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C's remain top of mind in everyone's day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way.
It's also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far.Company Perks: Quick Reference
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee's medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
Check out more company perks on our website. Zapponian [noun| employee of Zappos].
You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.Bold [adjective| not afraid of anything].
A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a company that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.Perks [noun| the good stuff you get for working hard].
Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don't forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.1990s [noun| a decade we love, but no longer live in].
Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue... whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you'd be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we'll watch it.Scout [noun| you're a recruiter, too].
As a Zapponian, we'll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.Who We Are
We have a relentless focus to shape the experience to be fun and intuitive for Zappos customers. Our most valuable attributes are the people that make up the team. We embrace the Zappos core values so you should apply if you are not afraid to create a little fun and weirdness! We value diversity and want to make our team as inclusive as possible. We do this by building strong relationships through open and honest communication. We value people that are not afraid to take risks and quickly learn from mistakes.Who We're Looking For
As Zapponians, we live to WOW our internal and external customers. The Manager of Software Engineering will lead a team of developers and project managers who are responsible for aiding with system design, functionality and usage success, and user experience to deliver against customer demands for the overall betterment of Zappos technologies. This position will manage and develop talent to ensure a culture of growth and progression, career development, and technical education is available and successful.
You will own and manage the lifestyle's business planning in alignment with merchandising, inventory management, and finance leaders. You will act as a business owner for forecasting, planning, and delivering actionable insights within your team.What You'll Be Doing
What You'll need To Bring
- Exemplifying our company Core Values.
- Develop and drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards
- Hire, develop, and retain exceptional engineering talent
- Supporting teams to identify and build tools for managing cloud infrastructure, deploying and scaling applications, and ensuring they are a secure computing environment
- Ensure software projects are integrated into Zappos.com systems
- Lead teams focused on architecture/design initiatives
- Manage and develop direct reports, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices
- Partner with product owners, designers, and business stakeholders to build team's roadmaps and gather specifications for projects
- Proactively ensure architecture deficiencies are fixed and/or larger projects are identified and proposed
- Facilitate a culture of feedback, communication and accountability
What Really Excites Us
- 5+ years professional experience in Software Development/Engineering with experience utilizing complex systems such as React, TypeScript, GIT, CSS and AWS.
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience working in a Scrum and/or Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in building large scale front end platforms handling large amounts of traffic.
- Experience leading remote teams preferred
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and frontend architecture skills
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience at a large e-commerce retailer.
Zappos is committed to help foster an environment where we can celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person's individuality so that people can bring their whole selves to work. In order to ensure that we are considering the needs of all of our employees and building a more inclusive Zappos, we ask that you take a few minutes to update your details, even if you select "Prefer not to say" on some questions.The Fine Print
Please limit to 2 applications.
The Zappos Family of Companies is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at or call us at
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.