Please note I have direct access to the Hiring VP of Engineering on this position.
Position will be 100% remote until Covid is contained and then will be located in Denver, CO.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Development Manager to be involved in the continued rollout and growth of an Azure DevOps containerized, .NET Core 3.0 and Microservices environment.
Telecommute: 2-3 days/week
The leading Global Biotech Company in its niche is looking for a Development Manager due to growth. The company has been in business for 50+ years, is publicly traded, has 7+K employees, has $5.2B in revenues (16% increase), $108 million in profits (44% increase), has 750 product patents, released 10 new products in 2020 and is an extremely active philanthropic institution.
The Development Manager will be responsible for leading a mission critical development team of 10. Specifically, the Development Manager will:
- Be responsible for reviewing the current .NET/C# and C++ architecture and development environment, providing technical guidance regarding architecture design and the development of new enterprise level mission critical web-based applications and software by implementing the latest bleeding edge technologies available.
- Manage the development of enterprise level and mission critical web applications, software and mobile platforms to ensure the team achieves software and product development goals that support mission critical company business objectives.
- Create and document a 3-5-year development roadmap
- Interact with QA Managers, DevOps and Product Managers in order to build out and release new software and enhancements of existing software
- Ensure team is following established development process (Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Sprints and DevOps) throughout the development lifecycle
- Help craft, implement, set and enforce development standards, processes, and best practices in order to train, develop, and mentor members of the Development team to become more skilled and efficient developers
The Development Manager reports to the VP of Engineering
- Must have 2+ years experience as a Development Manager in a .NET/C# and/or C++ environment
- Must have experience developing or managing the development of enterprise level mission critical applications and/or software within an Agile environment.
- Previous hands-on development experience with C#/ASP.NET and/or C++
- Experience with any of the following are only a Plus; NOT Mandatory: SAFe, .NET Core, Microservices, Azure DevOps, Mobile (iOS/Swift/Objective-C and/or Android/Kotlin/Java), BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree is a plus
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 6% matching 401K; 6% pension contribution, 3 Weeks PTO, HMO/PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees; vacation and paid company holidays, flexible spending plans, tuition reimbursement and a casual work environment.