Software Development Principal Architect - Austin, TX (16000P09)
Dell is looking for a software architect experienced with a broad set of software technologies in the personal computing and mobile device space. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, experience design engineers, product marketing and software engineers to define the software architecture for new solutions that encompass firmware, drivers, middleware components, applications, user interfaces and cloud software layers.
- Developing detailed architecture specifications
- Working with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing and engineering teams to define and architect solutions related to new Dell computing platforms using Windows 10.
- Identifying and working with software and hardware partners to assess new technologies and roadmaps for inclusion in future solutions
- Performs analysis and design for medium-sized to large or complex development and maintenance projects
- Develops complex code and configuration data using secure coding practices
- Ensures that all code, configuration data, and system documentation is accurate, complete, understandable, and adheres to company standards
- Address security vulnerabilities by using tools to assure security, analyze outputs, and recommend corrective actions
- Deep technical and architectural knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Client side)
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong C, C++, C# coding skills, with emphasis on writing scalable code
- Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Versed in the concept, use of and selection of revision control software (e.g. SVN, Git, ClearCase, Perforce or similar software).
- Able to apply Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner, to bring high-quality products to market on time.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle, product development lifecycle, and Agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- OO Design experience. Win32, MFC, or .NET experience is preferred.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682