Software Development Principal Engineer
As the recognized leader for the fourth year in a row in iPaas, disciplined agile, and lean software development practices, Dell Boomi combines a Silicon Valley culture, modern development approach, and infrastructure with the organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping customers move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions.
Our methodology is about continuous improvement, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 400+ employees worldwide subscribe to a culture of collaboration. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world integrates solutions. Learn more at www.boomi.com
You love shipping features, but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run. Maybe you get antsy writing code without tests, or perhaps you’re a large-scale system operator interested in leveling-up your coding skills. You refuse to take short-cuts and are vocal when you see a better way to solve a problem.
Either way, you judge your success by the success of your team; you are interested in learning about integration platform as a service (iPaas) and you are excited to work collaboratively on cutting edge technology. In the end, you understand that it’s not about delivering code, but about delivering solutions.
At Dell Boomi, we transform how the world performs application integrations, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver powerful, intuitive capabilities so customers can drastically accelerate their time to value. Our engineers work in an agile environment on small teams, but feel empowered to collaborate with the entire organization.
We believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge, and refocus.
Twice a year we switch gears and get working on Project Greenlight. A week-long Hack-a-Thon where Boomi engineers work on innovative projects of their own design with awards ranging from “Most Innovative” to “Most Likely to be Released to Production”. If you can imagine it, then you can build it.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in software development using the Java programming language, including the use of some IDE with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product.
- Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems.
- Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, and Hibernate
- Knowledge of SOA concepts is required.
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required.
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git is required.
- Knowledge of RIA technologies, especially GWT is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Work experience with an enterprise software or web company is important.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682