Personalized Investing Engineering (PIE) builds innovative products by leveraging technologies that personalize our clients' investing experience. Our products include Thematic Investing, Digital Advice and Financial Planning. Our Thematic Investing team is seeking a world class Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team. You will own the Test Automation planning, preparation and execution as part of the Quality Assurance team supporting the launch of new investment products. The ideal candidate has several years of experience as a SDET and a proven track record of Test Automation success in an Agile, fast paced environment, as well as a solid background in Financial Services / Investing. This is an opportunity for a skilled programmatic tester to join a growing engineering team within Personalized Investing Engineering and help our client's own their tomorrow. What you are good at
What you have
- Above all else you're an engineer and a full stack tester (Data-Services-UI). You solve problems through automation using Java, Cucumber and other open-source frameworks. You're curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the project.
- You delight in leading your fellow engineers in writing effective tests and constantly challenge yourself to improve overall test coverage.
- You know how to create your own REST services (in any language) and are familiar with parsing JSON and XML.
- You have phenomenal organizational skills and are confident in your ability to deliver test metric visibility to stakeholders.
- You have worked in an Agile environment in the past. Iterative test development and working as part of a distributed engineering team present an exciting opportunity for you.
- You contribute to open-source projects. If you have github.com contributions - we'd love to check them out!
- You're a lifelong learner. You're able to grasp difficult concepts and complex designs and stay on top of new and emerging technologies.
- 7+ years of strong, demonstrable experience working as software developer or SDET
- 5+ years of experience creating robust, reusable test automation solutions following standard Design Patterns (Strategy, Factory, Singleton, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience with cloud Computing technologies (AWS, Azure, PCF etc.)
- Solid experience with Jenkins, JUnit, Java, and relational databases (SQL)
- Good understanding of investment/trading life cycle, use cases, and data requirements to support the lifecycle
- Proficiency with RESTful web services and experience performance testing at the services layer
- Experience using 'git' as source control system (cherry-picking and merge conflict resolution should be second nature to you)
- Experience working in CI/CD environment. (Bamboo) One should be able to create, modify and execute jobs from scratch using 'git' as source
- Experience working with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber, Cucumber-jvm, Cucumber-js, SpecFlow, Serenity
- Experience working with performing load testing or performance testing is a big plus.
- Comfort with the full Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Bitbucket) and Postman
Colorado Compensation ($110,000-$201,600)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar area of study
- Previous experience in FinTech, Investing, Banking, or other Financial Services preferred
- Experience mentoring junior level engineers a strong plus
Target Total Compensation - Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.