PayJoy’s mission is to make smartphones affordable for everyone worldwide. Our unique technology enables people who lack credit to purchase their first smartphone on an installment plan.
As Software Engineer - Android, you will build the technology to support millions of customers worldwide. Your primary focus will be our Android mobile app, working with major OEMs worldwide to improve compatibility and security. You will be part of PayJoy’s global engineering team and may also be called on to develop our web frontend and backend platforms, partner API integrations, and data science initiatives. You need to be up for any technical challenge and willing to learn new technologies.
● Degree in Computer Science from a strong CS university
● 5+ years of software development experience
● 3+ years Android experience
● Skilled with mobile security (MITM attacks; code obfuscation); network engineering; benchmarking and optimization
● Experience in Android UI design patterns and best practices
● Fluent in Git, SQL
● Primarily, write code and coordinate with counterparts at OEMs to implement strong security of the PayJoy lock. Implement Android features, and troubleshoot live Android bugs affecting user experience, client-server communication, and security, to help us scale to millions of customers.
● Additionally, Design and implement major components of PayJoy’s web and mobile apps, data analysis, and integrations.
● Support internal business teams and customer-facing operations to deliver world-class user experience and reliability.
● Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced team members.
As part of PayJoy, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that immediately impact our customers, work alongside seasoned engineers and entrepreneurs, and contribute to a startup that is experiencing rapid growth.
PayJoy started in 2015 offering smartphone financing options to the 80 million under-served Americans and immigrants who lack any options to finance their first smartphone. We are now serving customers in the US and Mexico and planning launches in Asia, with the ultimate goal of bringing 1 billion people into the modern digital, mobile economy for the first time.
We are a team of 40+ (and growing) with experience from Stanford, MIT, Google, Amazon, Uber, Facebook, McKinsey, Kiva, and Citibank, funded by top FinTech investors.