The Transportation management division, located in Latham, NY, has been providing innovative school transportation management software and consulting for more than four decades.
We are seeking a Software Engineer that loves data analytics and business intelligence to join our team of passionate coders in a modern development environment. Our Agile teams collaborate to define requirements, design and create solutions which target complex business problems. Our focus is on building the highest quality applications using cutting-edge technologies to satisfy market driven needs.Location
Latham, New YorkTravel
- The Software Engineer- BI is responsible for coming up with an overall data platform strategy, delivering visualizations and dashboard solutions, that help clients leverage data leading to more transparency and efficiency in their operations.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to refine requirements which address the data needs of our clients.
- Architect solutions, including data publishing pipelines, ETL processes, and data visualizations, to help customers understand and solve their business problems.
- Write and maintain application code as needed for Business Intelligence related functionality.
- Implement business analytics tools so that clients can quickly analyze data trends and can readily access key performance indicators.
- Assure integrity of all solutions developed through coordination of testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Occasionally travel to client site to discuss reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or math, or comparable work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience with Dashboard and Business Intelligence technologies.
- Significant data analysis experience, including use of business intelligence tools such as Excel, PowerBI, Tableau or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with Data Warehousing techniques and ETL processes.
- Demonstrated expertise with SQL databases and data modeling principles.
- Demonstrated expertise with T-SQL including SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Experience with consuming Web APIs and common data formats such as JSON, CSV, and XML strongly desired.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services is strongly desired.
- Experience with Web application development using Microsoft ASP.NET and C# desirable.
- Excellent analytical abilities, communication and interpersonal skills.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.