Work with our integrated district management solutions that help school districts bridge information gaps across all departments. From school ERP to student information and transportation, you can help districts of all sizes achieve more by improving transparency between parents and schools, advancing operations, and enabling data-driven decisions.Location
Latham, New York | Travel/Home-Based | RemoteTravel
- The Software Engineer- API is responsible for creating a robust cloud API platform that help clients bridge information silos with integrated software leading to more transparency and efficiency in their operations.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to refine requirements which address the integration needs of our clients.
- Write and maintain application code for functionality
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
- Assure integrity of all solutions developed through coordination of testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Occasionally travel to client site to discuss integration requirements.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or math, or comparable work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience coding in C# required.
- High proficiency developing and consuming Web APIs using OAuth2.0 or other authentication patterns and common data formats such as JSON, CSV, and XML required.
- Experience with the AWS cloud platform highly desirable
- Experience with working with the .NET Core framework highly desirable
- Experience with REST API patterns and designs desirable
- Experience with de-coupled systems using message brokers desirable
- Demonstrated expertise with SQL databases and data modeling principles.
- Demonstrated expertise with T-SQL including SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Experience with Web application development using Microsoft ASP.NET and C# desirable.
- Excellent analytical abilities, communication and interpersonal skills.
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.