SAIC is seeking a candidate that will work as a Software Engineer/System Administrator in a collaborative agile team-focused environment. Candidate is responsible for the development of new features and the application of security patches to a customized Ubuntu-based client machine build as well as a set of CentOS based servers. Lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. Assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Design, build, maintain, and support client workstation system software releases for accessing application services based on customer requirements
• Monitor servers
• Improve performance, stability, access control, and security of existing workstation and server software and design
• Provide dedicated expert support for troubleshooting of workstation software and user questions
• Apply vendor patches to client workstation software and server software
• Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate
• Provide input into strategic and tactical planning on behalf of the customer
• Interpret and implement systems standards, processes, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
• Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and serve as reference material for other team Qualifications
- Must possess an active TS/SCI with FS
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, 6+ years' experience in software engineering
- 5+ years' specific knowledge of Linux scripting, configuration, performance tuning, and security
- Ability to self-direct in project tasking and investigate issues under limited supervision
My SAIC Benefits.