Software Engineer, C#, .Net - AppSecJob Description:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today's rapidly evolving marketplace. That's high tech without the drama. About our code analyzer. Fortify:
Fortify is the industry-leading provider of Application Security solutions that empowers organizations to develop secure software. Fortify offers a comprehensive portfolio of application security solutions with the flexibility of testing on-premise and on-demand to cover the entire software development lifecycle. Over 80% of security breaches exploit application vulnerabilities, and at Fortify, you will be at the forefront of one of the fastest growing segments in the security market.
Fortify on Demand enables thousands of customers to easily create, expand and manage their AppSec programs. As part of the Fortify on Demand Engineering Team, you will help shape the future of a rapidly growing security business built on a modern technology stack and where innovation and creativity are part of our DNA. What you'll be doing:
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end-users. Using current programming language and technologies writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Designs and implements new interface components in collaboration with the product owner and other Micro Focus development teams.
- Enhances existing components with new capabilities whilst maintaining compatibility.
- Maintains the existing components and resolves problem reported by customers.
- Provide feedback on test plans, test cases, and test methodologies.
- Writes and executes unit tests for assigned portion of application
- Research new technologies for feature improvements.
- Works with other software application engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's orMaster'sdegree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 3-6years of software development experience building large-scale and highly distributed applications.
- Experience with C# and SQL
- Experience with ASP.NETWebApi, ASP.NET MVC, .NetFramework/Core and Entity Framework
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Good understanding and practical implementation of OOD/OOP principles
- Experiencewithagilemethodology, sizing stories, planning and retrospectives
- At home with Git or similar DVCS
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to new tools & technologies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding ofApplicationSecurity domain
- Container technologies
- Cloud technologies and cloud application development
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status