Company Job Title: Software Engineer, Mid
Clearance:TS/SCILocation: Springfield, VA
Reports To:Program ManagerFLSA Status:Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
· The Software Engineer Mid
develops and maintains EMCSS IT Operations Management (IOTM) anchor tools which includes ITSM, event management, and CMDB tools. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Solely responsible for developing and integrating monitoring tools into BMC Portal and Proactivenet applications. Tools mostly written in Ruby, Perl, Cshell, expect, PowerShell or python and utilities and daemons mostly written in Java. Some development and modification of existing code running in a JBoss AS environment.
· Act as Responsible Engineer for ‘Back end’ data gathering tools.
· Extensive troubleshooting into the minutiae of BMC software and second order effects due to continuous monitoring of resources.
· Responsible for writing extensive documentation concerning lessons learned and procedural guides for monitoring specific devices.
· Generate and then automate methods for collating and reporting data trends in an easy to understand format for use by management and government personnel for the purposes of gauging capacity and performance.
· Regularly manipulate large collections of data to extract meaningful metrics.
· Software Development Perform full life cycle development. Non-Essential Duties:
· Other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities:
· NONE Minimum Qualifications:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience; 14 years of relevant work experience may be used in lieu of degree
· Experience with IT Operations Management (ITOM) tools integration to include: event management tools, ITSM, Network Monitoring, BMC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- IAT II: GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security
- TS/SCI required
· Skills in ESM Development and ServiceNow experience preferred Diversity:
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce. Ethics:
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Physical Demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work Environment :
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise. Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.