At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds- hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain tools and scripts used by Satellite Engineers using PERL and RUBY on RAILS.
- Interface with Engineers for design requirements and feedback on scripts performance.
- Scripts used to analyze system hardware state-of-health;
- Provide engineering technical support in response to system issues/discrepancies
- Perform calibration activities to ensure specification requirements are met.
- Interface with factory team and other support contractors.
Job location is in the Newington/Springfield VA area. Typically has 5 - 10 years
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition Learn more about Lockheed Martin-s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Basic Qualifications:
Computer Science Degree
3 yrs experience using Perl and Ruby on Rails
Basic Microsoft Office Skills
Good written and Oral Communications skills
Active TS/SCI, ability to obtain CI Poly Desired Skills:
Familiar with using MATAB, C++ and LINUX Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.