Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that's built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon's award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world's top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Job DescriptionAbout the Opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer
who wants to own major components of our data processing platform. You will be dedicated to systems architecture, capacity, security, stability, and data flow issues throughout our platform.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain scheduler platform based on Apache Airflow and Kubernetes.
- Extend Apache Airflow with modules and plugins.
- Coordinate with supporting teams for services used by Apache Airflow (Kubernetes, ELK, Postgres, Grafana)
- Build and maintain support infrastructure for data processing job.
- Develop tools that automate the operations, administration, and tuning of large, distributed clusters.
- Develop tools to enable the development and optimization of distributed data workflow pipelines.
- Administration of back-end systems architecture, as well as contribution to the overall design to monitor and sustain our high standards of availability, security and performance.
Bonus points for:
- 4+ years software development experience in a highly scalable, distributed, large multi-node environment.
- Experience with *nix OS environments (CentOS, Alpine) including shell scripting
- Extensive software development experience in Python
- Experience with SCM tools, ideally git.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Experience with virtual machine technologies, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Kubernetes admin tools (kubectl, Helm, Helmsman)
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Systems monitoring and management for grid computing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
- Having made contributions back to the open source community.
- Experience running and modifying Apache Airflow
- Experience with Swagger and OpenAPI
Additional InformationGreat People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.