The Software Engineers are responsible for, but are not limited to: designing, developing, and implementing software solutions in cutting edge software platforms in the Quote-To-Cash space. ATG Software Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to changing requirements and creating application system models. Software Engineers are challenged to come up with solutions to complex business problems while working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with other skilled, talented, and motivated professionals. Key Responsibilities:
- Build solutions for client projects: Sometimes the out-of-the-box cloud solutions we work with can't meet all our clients' business needs. In these cases, you'll be tasked with devising software solutions to fill in the gaps. This includes:
- Working with middleware applications (Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, Kettle, etc.)
- Customizing applications (SpringCM, Conga, etc.)
- Writing scripts to export, manipulate, and load data
- Build scaling tools: The demand for cloud CPQ and Billing solutions is difficult to keep up with; ATG maintains a competitive advantage by leveraging reusable tools and building domain knowledge. The too
- ls you build and knowledge you share will be used by hundreds of employees every day (including you!) to enhance productivity, capability and throughput.
- Participate in a small-team environment: You'll be joining a team of incredibly smart and passionate engineers with a variety of impressive professional backgrounds (including Microsoft and Google).
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Curious : Beyond understanding how something works, you want to understand why it works.
- Creative : You love to build and create, programming for you is as much art as it is science.
- Focused: You don't give up when presented with a difficult problem and look for resourceful ways to overcome them.
- Efficient : You look for ways to enable you and your team to reduce manual and redundant tasks.
- Excellent Communicator: You can clearly communicate complex ideas through written or verbal mediums to your teammates or clients.
- Team Oriented : You work actively to improve the skillsets and abilities of those around you.
- Web Development : beyond HTML and CSS, you've written server and client-side code.
- Extracurricular programming : You've demonstrated an interest in going beyond schoolwork through internships, open source projects, or paid programming work.
- Open Source: A big plus! You've written code and published it online.
- Salesforce : You've written Apex or Lightning code.
- Fundamental programming concepts: An understanding of object-oriented programming, common data structures, and computational complexity.
- Version Control: You have experience contributing code to version-controlled (e.g. git) projects.
- Agile/Scrum: You have experience using these methodologies on projects.
- Teams : You have experience working in teams on engineering projects.
Experience in the following technologies are preferred (but not required): Salesforce CPQ, Salesforce Billing, Apttus CPQ, Apttus CLM, Gotransverse TRACT, Spring CM CLM, Conga CLM and other related solutions, Xactly SPM solutions, Aria billing platform, Salesforce Communities and Cloud Craze
Salesforce Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Zuora, Oracle Big Machines, Calidus Cloud Solutions, Netsuite, Mulesoft, and other SaaS/Cloud Q2C and related solutions Education:
Location and Travel:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
- Desired locations are ATG Delivery Centers, located in Missoula, MT, Cincinnati, OH, Kansas City, MO or St. Louis, MO, however for senior experienced professionals working virtual may be an option
- This position may require additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones, implementation deadlines, and the like. Hours and compensation for this position will vary depending on projects and experience. Travel up to 50% (this is subject to change at anytime based off project needs).
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "") for this role.
ATG and Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business.