Software Engineer - Drive-By-Wire
Bay City, MI
Summary of the Software Engineer - Drive-By-Wire:
Our client, a developer of advanced drive-by-wire systems, is looking for a Software Engineer to play a key role in the development of the software and system requirements for electric power steering software components for one of our clients in Michigan. In this position, you will do full life-cycle development of driver-level software for these systems. This is a stable and innovative company which is working on a variety of emerging high-technology products. If you have strong experience in writing C code for embedded software, along with the knowledge of Vehicle communication and diagnostic protocols, then this position is well-suited to you.
This is an electronics R&D group working on BLEEDING EDGE technology. You will be part of a team that is recreating automobile chassis systems for the future. They have a start-up type environment without the risk, as it has virtually unlimited funding from a major parent organization. Everything from concept thru production will be in your domain. Your contribution is only limited by your skill sets and passion. As an embedded software engineer, you will be able to apply your passion for technology and grow your career at this -exponentially growing- company in the Midland/Bay City area.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer - Drive-By-Wire:
- Work on the software/system-software requirements for software development life cycle and for the production applications.
- Work on the complete life cycle of electric power steering embedded software components, including design, develop, implement, test, review, debug and launch.
- Integrate and test product features, functions and designs into the AUTOSAR software architecture.
- Perform root cause analysis using the standard and customized test equipment/software.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers for design and requirements.
- Participate in software design reviews and in the development of software and system requirements specifications
- Ensure completion of software work products as per the ASPICE requirements..
Qualifications of the Software Engineer - Drive-By-Wire:
- BS in EE/CE/SE/CS or equivalent
- Strong experience with driver-level Embedded C programming (Matlab, Simulink, and auto-coding are a plus).
- Experience with AUTOSAR is a must.
- Knowledge of Vehicle communication and Diagnostic protocols such as CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, UDS etc.
- Hands-on experience in data measurement using industry standard software toolchain including Vector CANalyzer and CANape
- Unit test cases/integration testing development experience
- Experience in performing troubleshooting/root cause analysis and static code analysis such as MISRA, Naming, Polyspace etc.
- Knowledge of Electrical Hardware and Microprocessor Architecture is required
- Knowledge of AutoSar, Associated Tools, Customer Specific CAN tools and Requirements
- Experience with Electric Power Steering and safety critical systems, or ISO26262 will be a plus.
Compensations of the Software Engineer - Drive-By-Wire:
Salary Range: $85 to $110K /year, depending on experience
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No.n or Green Card Holder.
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Software, AUTOSAR, requirements, electric, Steering, power, debug, development, test, validation, analysis, architecture, design, Embedded, C, "Vehicle communication", (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, UDS, "Diagnostic protocols", CANalyzer, CAN, MISRA, Naming, Polyspace, Matlab, Simulink, ISO26262