- Develop and maintain of DevOps tools and applications
- Develop and improve CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Develop and promote tools and process to improve overall software development quality
- Production Incident Triage, Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Regularly monitor and review usage of the application, problem tickets, patterns to help drive teams to address root cause issues and improve the overall quality of the product
- Support production releases ensuring appropriate quality checks and controls are followed
- Participate in communities of practice to share knowledge, learn, and innovate
- Adapt and remain effective in a fast paced, changing environment
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 year bachelors degree in Software Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience delivering enterprise or off-the-shelf commercial software using Java, .NET, Salesforce or similar technology stack
- 1+ years of Production Support Experience that includes incident triage, troubleshooting, monitoring
- Experience developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or a similar tool
- Experience following Agile development practices with globally distributed teams
- Strong understanding of Software Development, Quality Assurance & Testing, Root Cause Analysis
- Proven ability to analyze complex requirements and provide innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders from management to other engineers, and present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in using Integrated Development Tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio along with Source Control Systems such as git
- Experience integrating with REST / JSON web services
- Experience writing complex database sql queries
Technology Careers with Optum.
- Salesforce development experience and certification
- Experience with nosql databases such as MongoDb
- Experience using production monitoring tools such as splunk, dynatrace
- Hands on experience using with one or more of the following platforms and tools such as Mesos, Kubernetes, Openshift, Azure, Docker
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Software Engineer, Hartford, CT, Connecticut