Would you like to work in a fully Agile environment? Your main objective as a Software Engineer (Java) at Equifax is to work across a variety of projects for internal and external partners, designing and developing software that is scalable, innovative, and critical to our company's ongoing success.
We are currently undertaking a major transformation and move to Public Cloud, so this is an exciting time for you to join and grow with us on this journey!Who are we at Equifax?
We are a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. About the Job
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally.
You will work on applications used by financial institutions across the UK and the EU with strict performance requirements while working with highly skilled colleagues throughout the world under an agile methodology.
You will have a proven skillset, a desire to grow in your career, whilst enjoying autonomy. There will be ample opportunity to learn new skills on the job so you should be passionate about software development and want to expand their knowledge.
Join us as we develop long-life, stable teams, who own, run and manage our products. Responsibilities
of the Software Engineer (Java) include:
- You will participate in the design and production of software products.
- You'll develop robust, maintainable solutions on time and in budget in an environment of Continuous Delivery.
- You will support the wider team, including with testing and debugging applications under development.
- We encourage active collaboration, so you will be able to share your knowledge and expertise with other members of the team, including within formal and informal settings such as Lunch & Learns.
- You'll maintain a high standard of quality in the code base.
- You will champion best-practices and inspire their adoption by the team.
- We are passionate about ongoing development, and you'll have the opportunity to engage in life-long learning by continually following industry trends, practices and developments.
- You'll develop strategic design and requirements, based on general guidelines (medium/large scale).
- You will independently craft code and workflow procedures, owning and defending design decisions.
- You'll perform general Java application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and documentation.
- You have a track record of successful project delivery working on Java applications, with a solid understanding of Object-Orientated Programming.
- You have experience with Spring, in particular Spring Boot.
- You've for familiarity with design and architectural patterns.
- You have understanding of Web Services, micro service architectures and REST Based APIs.
- You got knowledge of concurrency.
- You possess experience working with Relational databases.
- You've worked with testing practices and patterns, particularly TDD and BDD would be of high interest.
- You have an ability to build websites using general front-end technologies HTML, CSS, JS and frameworks.
Benefits of working for Equifax:
- Cloud application development, especially GGP and/or AWS.
- Containerisation and deployment experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Front-end development of responsive (mobile-first) websites with Angular or similar technologies.
- Security Standards (OWASP) to produce secure code.
- Build/deployment tools; maven, npm, GoCD, Chef.
- Caching solutions with Redis.
- Message handling with Rabbit MQ, Apache Camel, or Spring AMQP.
- API documentation tools like Swagger.
- Acceptance testing with Gauge and Selenium Webdriver.
- Big data/NoSQL technologies, such as MongoDB and Hadoop.
- We provide dedicated 'innovation time' where you can research improvements for your project, 35 hour working week.
- You'll work within a talented development team, whilst joining 'lunch and learns' to further develop your skillset.
- We have an annual hackathon (2 days worth of office hours), in which you can participate and pursue your own ideas as part of a team.
- Flexible working.
- 26 Days holiday with an additional day off on your birthday and one day for voluntary activities,
- In addition to the above there are also many health and wellbeing related benefits including (but not limited to); Bupa medical insurance, volunteer days and retail discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.Primary Location:
Function - Tech Dev and Client ServicesSchedule: