As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects , engineers, operations team members across client and build solid payment platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment, using lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Develop java based micro services leveraging Spring boot and AWS managed services
- Develop AWS based systems leveraging managed services such as:
- AWS Lambda (Python and Java)
- AWS Kinesis Firehose
- AWS Kinesis Analytics
- AWS S3
- AWS Glue
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS SNS
- AWS SQS
- Work with the scrum team directly to provide code reviews for other team members
- Work with the scrum team directly to provide QA in specific projects such as:
- Login Fraud/Risk check
- Purchase Fraud/Risk check
- Card Challenge Fraud/Risk check
- Payment Instrument Fraud/Risk check
- Work with other scrum teams to share knowledge
- Support Fraud/Risk systems in production
- Work directly and indirectly with the core commerce teams
- Work directly and indirectly with the Accounts & Identity teams
- Work directly and indirectly with the Global Fraud Management team
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object oriented programming analysis and design
- 2+ years’ experience developing with AWS native services such as EC2, S3, Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, SQS, SNS and DynamoDB
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML
- Proficient in software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch of project
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with micro service architecture.
- Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment.
- Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, or C++, Web Services, REST, SQL/NoSQL data layers)