We are conducting search for Software Engineer- Java for one of our clients. This will be an on-site position based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Position: Software Engineer - Java
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Job Length: Long term
Position Type: W2
Every day as a Market Data Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
- Design, develop and test Market Data applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, scope, and ship new features.
- Work on backend API services that the front-end teams integrate with.
- Design, develop and change complex distributed systems.
- Follow best engineer practices by ensuring unit-test coverage and working with QA on test automations.
- Ensuring application performance and best in class app rating is maintained
- Minimum 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Solid background in developing and deploying J2EE applications on application servers like Tomcat.
- Good knowledge of Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Spring integration with Hibernate.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Strong skills in understanding the existing Database Models and SQL.
- Knowledge in Unix Commands and scripting languages like Bash, Perl or Python.
- Solid background writing automated unit tests
- Comfortable working with Git, Jenkins and Jira.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle etc.
- Familiarity with Jenkins and continuous integration pipelines.
- Effective problem-solving skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of Market Data Products and Systems.
- Knowledge of developing and building C/C++ applications is a plus.
- Good knowledge of network protocols, network programming, various optimization techniques and multi-threaded programming, Java, Spring, Microservices, BPM
Princeton IT Services