Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the United States for the past 10 years and was selected in 2019 as a Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 company. We are a 2019 Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 company and are a Great Place to Work Certified organization! Every bit of our success is the result of a team of incredibly talented, dedicated, and hard-working professionals who are the heart and soul of Harmonia!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer - Machine Learning to join our team in our Virginia offices (Blacksburg, Charlottesville, McLean) or in San Diego.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in machine learning including deep learning/neural networks, be willing to travel to client sites across the country, and be an excellent presenter and public speaker.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and work experience required; and must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in addition to the below, may be assigned as necessary to meet business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in research, design, and software implementation of solutions for machine learning problems.
- Identify state of the art machine learning models, open source implementations, commercial technologies, and cloud machine learning products that are well suited for customer problems.
- Develop software implementations of new machine learning models and algorithms from research papers explaining the mathematics and/or algorithms of a new approach, especially in the areas of deep learning using neural networks.
- Participate in software product design and planning.
- Maintain high levels of knowledge, skill, and competencies in software development for an extensive range of project types.
- Translate design requirements and specifications into successful implementations.
- Work in a team environment and share knowledge.
- Proactively enforce standards and best practices.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Senior Level: 5+ years of prior professional experience implementing machine learning models or algorithms as a software engineer/developer using Python or Java.
- Experience implementing Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning techniques, algorithms, and deep learning models such as Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Experience developing agents and training classifers
- Experience using a major machine learning platform
- Experience in one or more of: Python, Java, R
- Experience in the following a plus: Microservices, Web Services, OpenShift, Docker.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- 4-year college degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or related field. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- College courses in machine learning, statistics, and linear algebra required
- Experience working on research projects is preferred.
- Prior DoD or Navy project experience a plus.
- Active DoD Secret level clearance a plus.
- Due to the nature of the client Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required
- Experience implementing a solution using machine learning methods for a complex, real world problem.
- Experience in translating new machine learning models or algorithms from research papers into working software.
- Strong programming skills with a good understanding of project cycles, software development environments, and source control techniques.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines. Experience bringing a software product from development to market.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service/client facing skills
- Excellent public speaking and oral presentation capabilities
- Excellent written communication
- Microsoft Office products
- Preference is for onsite in a VA or CA office; Remote may be considered; some travel required
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; gym/wellness reimbursement; 401(k) matching; 501(c)(3) donation matching; paid holidays; generous paid time off; training reimbursement; and an Employee Assistance Program.
Harmonia is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or genetics. Harmonia does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable an applicant with a disability to successfully apply for and/or perform the essential duties of the job. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact HR@harmonia.com.