At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Grow your career as part of team that delivers high value applications utilizing the latest development standards and practices while working in an agile environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing data reduction from a weapon truth data set to a representation that may be used on an aircraft to generate the Launch Acceptability Region (LAR) and Time of Flight (TOF) to the target
* Performance of data reduction so that a computationally efficient algorithm may be used to operate on a compact data set to generate a reasonable approximation of the LAR to the TOF
* Evaluate the statistical quality of the LAR's and TOF's generated from the compact representation with the original data set; if they do not, analyze the data and identify possible root causes
* Improve the data reduction algorithms and/or settings to produce better compact representation
* Document the final LAR and TOF modeling performance statistics in the LAR Accuracy Report
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of experience as a software engineer OR
* Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level Security ClearancePreferred Qualifications:
* Demonstrated experience using C++ and OS
* Experience in Python and Object-oriented programming (OOP)
* Familiarity with modeling the dynamics of a vehicle or weapon, i.e. 6 degree of freedom (6DOF)
* Familiarity with UAI Common LAR methodologies; developing/conducting sensitivity studies and covariance analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.