Job#: 1235603 Job Description:
Apex Systems is looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our clients in the Greater St. Louis, MO area. This opportunity is open for both contract-to-hire or full-time candidates. All interested applicants are encouraged to send resumes directly to
- As a Software Engineer specializing in front end development with React, you will be key to unlocking business process efficiencies and bringing data to life through responsive, intuitive user experiences in business critical applications. You will work on a DevOps software engineering team dedicated to building enterprise applications with the latest and greatest cloud-first technology to enable key parts of our business. From contributing to new applications to enhancing existing products, you will work amongst a team of passionate software engineers, facilitated by a scrum master, with work prioritized by product owners.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Build modular and reusable UI components in decoupled front end architectures to consume API and back-end services
- Contribute to and implement mock-ups and wireframes
- Participate in the design of contracts and schemas for APIs and middleware services consumed by the front end
- Establish patterns, build component libraries, and contribute to documentation
- Embrace continuous learning in daily work on company time to work towards company paid certifications and accreditations
- Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience utilizing React JS
- Experience with decoupled front-end architectures
- Familiarity with modern authorization mechanisms that enable secure, role-based access.
- Experience in debugging and profiling applications, and improving their efficiency, scalability, and stability
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as babel, webpack, npm, etc.
- Core programming concepts, such as algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency with Git, Azure DevOps or other CI/CD tooling
- Microsoft AZ-204 (Azure Developer) certification and experience using Azure services (Functions, App Services, APIM, etc) is a plus
- Experience including SPA and PWA projects is a plus
- Benefits & Work perks
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Tax-Advantaged Savings and Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance and Disability Income Protection
- Generous Parental Leave and FMLA policies
- 401(k) Retirement Savings options with a generous company matching contribution
- Chance to work in a fast-paced environment among a company of owners
- Free Beer!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at