First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Software Engineer role will support multiple IT responsibilities and disciplines within the IT-Regulatory Compliance Technology (IT-RCT) team.
* Supports the process of translating business needs into formal deliverables.
* Act as the technical lead for the implementation of the Regulatory Compliance
* Technology system, including end-to-end integration and system automation for daily operations.
* Provide ongoing support and maintenance for the day to day technical operations of the Regulatory Compliance Technology systems once deployed.
* Work with Business Partners to develop and meet Service Level Agreements.
* Ensure appropriate alerting protocols are implemented to ensure ecosystem stability (balance and control, job failure, environment health, etc.)
* Perform as the primary technical liaison to the Business Unit and both internal and external IT groups in support of the Regulatory Compliance Technology systems.
* Ensure work demand is articulated, understood and prioritized within the Regulatory Compliance Technology systems enhancements queue.
* Ensure adherence for data quality and accuracy by developing a detailed understanding of the data and information movement practices utilized by the Regulatory Compliance Technology systems itself and the ecosystem supporting it (upstream/downstream dependencies).
* Manage all technical documentation for the Regulatory Compliance Technology ecosystem.
* Ensure timely completion of files, adherence to guidelines, and the accuracy of provided documentation.
* Will lead and participate in design, development and implementation of Regulatory Compliance System based technology platform(s) to satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements.
* Perform technical maintenance and analyze and support vendor developed applications and products to include debugging and troubleshooting the production environment.
* 5+ years of progressive experience (or technology related Master's with 3+ years of experience) within Waterfall and Agile Methodologies on development of enterprise applications using Java, J2EE technologies. At least 3+ years of experience serving Risk or Compliance domains.
* Application specific experience in at least 3 of the following: BSA/AML Tools for KYC, GRC, CRR, CDD, SAM, CTR and OFAC / Actimize, OneSumX, Bridger, RDC, FircoSoft, Appian and Archer
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications required.
* Master's Degree in an IT-related field highly preferred.
* Expertise in innovation and the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions
* Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects / issue resolution
* A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
* Ability to learn newer technologies as the need arises and willing to step out of their core comfort zone
* Data Architecture, Modeling and Lineage practice and knowledge for data movement and sufficiency.Information Technology Architecture and System and Data Integration knowledge and practices.
* Proficient in software development life cycle - including requirement analysis, preparing high - level program technical specifications after analyzing business requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and troubleshooting.
* The Software Engineer will possess strong and proven technical skills across various databases including Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
* Strong and proven experience with ETL development.
* Team player
* Provides extraordinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
Demonstrated experience as a software engineer in various technology platforms:
* End User Computing Tool technology and support
* Unix, Linux, and Microsoft operating systems
* Microservices Architecture knowledge
* MEAN Stack
* Microsoft and Oracle database environments
* WebSphere, Weblogic and Tomcat web server environments
* Informatica and Microsoft ETL data movement solutions
* Business Objects or Microsoft reporting tools
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.