TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
Java Developer is a key member of the development team, and works along with the development, technical solutions, and business teams to deliver new application features. You will design, and develop the requirements in the application and will also review/monitor deliverables from any vendor resources.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- Understanding the business area and user requirements - Study and understand the existing applications.
- Collaborate with the developers, business analysts, and development managers in order to determine the software's technical direction, systems architecture, system design, and implementation plan.
- Responsible for systems analysis, Design, Coding, and Unit Testing.
- Requirement gathering & understanding, Analyzing and converting functional requirements into concrete technical tasks, and able to provide reasonable effort estimates.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; works closely with other teams as partners.
- Work proactively, independently, and with multiple teams to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks.
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery.
- Code reviews, exposure to continuous integration, test case reviews and ensuring code developed meets the requirements.
- Implement improvements to software applications, and software delivery pipeline. Recommend improvements to software delivery pipeline moving down CI/CD path.
- Periodically review existing production defects and identify/address issues impacting production stability/scalability.
- Demonstrate ownership and initiative-taking.
- 3-5 years experience in software development.
- Experience in working with Microservices and API integration.
- Experience with AWS/Cloud platforms (like EC2, Amazon Connect) would provide additional value.
- Experience in J2EE Technologies including (Servlets, JSP, Spring, Springboot, Git, SonarQube).
- Experience in Spring framework(Core, MVC, JDBC, Batch)
- Hands-on experience in RDBMS.
- Experience in Shell Scripts, Squirrel SQL Client, Soap UI
- Experience in implementing the appropriate design patterns
- Experience developing high volume transaction systems - both real-time and batch
- Test-Driven Development using JUnit.
- Good communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with business and other stakeholders.
- The candidate must be analytical, organized, and adept at working in a team environment.
- A "do whatever it takes attitude", dedication to quality, ability to work independently, and complete attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Engineer, Applications Development