is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Software Engineer is responsible for working with a scrum team. This position also requires collaboration across various other scrum teams. This collaboration allows us to support sales and marketing channels across multiple brands for any or all of the following: consumer-facing quoting and enrollment websites, agent/broker CRM quoting and enrollment tools, and various backend API services that support these channels. This position also offers the opportunity to expand our digital footprint in the Azure Cloud.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. TX or IN preferred. Primary Responsibilities:
- Actively participate as a member of an agile team in a SAFe Agile environment
- Partner with development teams to design, develop, and deliver clean, efficient code based on business and innovation specifications
- Encourage best practices in creating effective designs and writing maintainable, reusable code
- Support and troubleshoot production environments and production issues
- Ability to continuously learn and improve as an Engineer
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in C#, SQL, ASP.NET
- 2+ years of experience in ReactJS or Angular
- Solid technical skills around: software design patterns, implementation, unit testing, and debugging
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Technology Careers with Optum.
- Knowledge of a variety of technology areas including languages, frameworks/technologies, cloud development / best practices:
- Frameworks / Technologies such as: NodeJS, Angular / ReactJS, WebPack, Redux, Sagas, REST Service Development, Material UI, Cordova, SQL Server, Kafka, .NET Core, xUnit.net
- Cloud Development / Best Practices such as: Azure Security and Identity Management Services (Application Gateway, WAF, Azure AD, API Management, Key Vault), Azure Storage Services (Table storage, Blob Storage, Queues, Cosmos DB), Azure App and Cloud Services, Azure Development Services (ARM Temples), Terraform
- Ability to automate things like builds, tests, deployments, infrastructure and operational tasks through tools like Azure DevOps or Jenkins
- Agile (SAFe) / sprint-based development methodology
- Knowledge of Git version control system in Azure DevOps (TFS) and/or GitHub for Enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Programmer, Computer Programming, Web Developer, Web Development, Application Developer, Application Development, C#, SQL, ASP.NET, ReactJS, Angular, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, North Richland Hills TX, Indianapolis, IN, Texas, Indiana