Description: The coolest jobs on this planet- or any other- are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds- hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As an Algorithm Software Engineer, you will support the research & development lifecycle for Algorithm technologies that enable and advance semi and fully autonomous systems for both defense and commercial customers. You will serve as an algorithm expert with up-to-date knowledge on modern Software Development techniques with the ability to rapidly prototype solutions. This role is also capable of supporting the software development from requirements generation through development, integration, testing, and deployment.
Key responsibilities of this position are noted below:
- Able to leverage and refine existing software development and apply to new applications
- Researches and discovers improvements to existing algorithms
- Drives advancements in current capabilities using in signal processing and computer vision (CV)
- Optimizes the performance of software algorithms, applications, and platforms
- Develops and documents algorithm and implementation requirements
- Implements and optimizes algorithms in software including: requirements generation, software design, development, integration, test, and deployment Typically has 9 - 15 years
of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition Learn more about Lockheed Martin-s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Basic Qualifications:
- Exceptional programming skills (including several of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Java, R, SAS, Pig, Hive, Spark, MATLAB, SQL, etc.) with ability to transition between languages as needed
- Knowledge of application areas (computer vision, natural language processing, signal processing, etc.)
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline Desired Skills:
- Experience working and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary research team setting
- Experience with signal processing, computer vision, OpenCV
- Experience with modeling and simulation on CPU and GPU architectures
- Demonstrated history of building prototypes in rapid prototyping environment
- Experience working with product teams to integrate ideas or transfer technology into products
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.