Cengage Learning is seeking an Android Software Engineer to work on our mobile team. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment, this development role is responsible for building and maintaining Android applications that puts learning directly in the hands of our students. Our office is located in the Boston Seaport district, great office and great perks!
* Work with various Android development frameworks and continuous integration frameworks such as GIT, HockeyApp & Android Studio
* Work as a software engineer in a collaborative environment with passion, ownership and commitment.
* Continuously learn and grow with industry-leading practices, processes, and technologies while mentoring others.
* Exposure or experience deploying applications to Google Play Store
* Experience with Fragments and UI design layouts
* Experience with Asynchronous networking and using REST API frameworks
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
* Direct working experience delivering product in a software development environment (5+ years)
* Android and creating mobile applications (2+ years)
* Strong experience in Android development utilizing Retrofit, Realm, Asynchronous Services, Unit Testing & REST web service integration
* Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Stash, Subversion, or CVS and build/integration tools like Jenkins.
* Comfortable with complex algorithms, OOP (object-oriented programming), enterprise design patterns, and mobile application performance and scalability
* Experience in an Agile software development environment
Nice to Haves
* Participates in open source projects, and/or blogs about technology concerns.
* Experience with a wide variety of software development applications, environments, and languages
* Experience developing with other Mobile Operating Systems (iOS, Windows Phone)
* Passion for working in the academic, professional or library markets
* 5+ years of direct working experience delivering product in a software development environment
* 2+ years working with Android and creating mobile applications
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
Department: Software Development