The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter NICE Mattersight - the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents with whom they will naturally and effortlessly click. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
NICE Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception, by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans. Who you are:
NICE Mattersight is seeking a Software Developer to join our Routing Analytics Team. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about working in a data-driven environment on applications built to mine, ship, store, analyze, and utilize big data.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development, has a strong desire to share knowledge with others, wants to keep abreast of industry best practices, and can work remotely as a member of a distributed (US-based) team. Candidates should know or be willing to learn multiple languages and environments ranging from Kubernetes, AWS Serverless, VMware, .NET Core, Python, and Hadoop. Candidates should be passionate about continuous integration and continuous delivery, and contributing to weekly deployments. We would love to hire someone who wants to become an expert in .NET and related technologies, while being able to contribute meaningfully on our Python applications as needed. This is a great opportunity for an experienced C# developer to get experience in big data! What you'll do:
For this position the successful candidate will perform design, development, testing, and sustaining engineering tasks within the Microsoft .NET Core framework using C#, as well as in Python and Spark scripts within a Hadoop cluster. The candidate will also work with Kubernetes, Jenkins, Helm, and related technologies in their day-to-day work. This position requires proficiency with unit testing and the related tools (XUnit, Postman, Newman, etc)
What you bring to the table:
- Write and maintain Microsoft .NET and .NET Core software running in Kubernetes.
- Write and maintain Python apps and Spark scripts running in Hadoop.
- Create and maintain Jenkins-based software build pipelines.
- Deploy software to our Container infrastructure leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, AWS, and other cloud-based technologies.
- Deploy software to our Hadoop cluster leveraging Ansible
- Consider emerging technologies/innovations when helping to design software and architecture.
- Participate as a contributor in an Agile Scrum team
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to aid our operations team when needed.
What differentiates you as the best:
- 3+ years with solid foundation in OOP, Distributed Microservice Architecture and/or SOLID principles.
- Proven experience in C# and .Net Core
- Experience with API Design and REST principles
- Experience with agile software development methodology or willingness to learn and adopt it.
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) build pipelines and Jenkins.
- Experience with testing frameworks (like Chaos, API contract, and performance testing) and the critical relationship these have with a stable CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with the latest software design, testing, and software delivery tools
- Experience with container-based software delivery and related management and monitoring applications.
- Experience working with in a Software as a Service (SaaS) organization
- Experience with RabbitMQ or similar MQ services
- Excitement to work not just on .NET applications but with Python as well
- Work well in a remote distributed environment
- Passion for true Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. We strive to deliver quality fast
- Dependable - you own what you develop; our scrum teams own their product and delivery
- Ultimately we want someone who is creative, flexible and has a passion for delivering cutting edge technology
Sponsorship currently not offered What you can expect:
NICE Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. NICE Mattersight fosters teamwork as well as self-motivation. Studies have shown that certain groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in this position we encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described
Sponsorship currently not offered
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.