Software Engineer (Cloud, Microservices, Blockchain)Overview of Position
Change Healthcare is looking for a well-rounded and versatile Software Engineer to work with a team of AWS Cloud Engineers on our Realtime Settlement system. This role will be responsible for design, development, test, deployment, and operation of distributed software systems and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions in the AWS cloud. You will be working with a team as a contributor willing to grow and become an advocate for lean/agile and DevOps practices, including test driven development, continuous integration and delivery, and engineering best practices. This role will work with architects, other engineers, product and program managers in an Agile/SCRUM environment to deliver the requested features and improvements to the software.
This role will focus on greenfield engineering of the Realtime Settlement system using disruptive technologies such as distributed ledger and smart contracts. The space is complex and challenging as we are a startup in a larger organization. We work in small, agile, geographically distributed scrum teams.What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Demonstrate strong drive to learn, and be an advocate for development best practices (TDD, code reviews, continuous integration, work in small batches, etc.).
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members and other stakeholders in a highly Agile environment.
- Self-starter who will take tasks and accomplish them with little oversight.
- Strong background in modern languages such as Java, distributed systems development, REST web services, relational databases, and microservices.
- Experience with GIT, GitHub/Lab, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence.
- Demonstrated technical experience as an engineer - cloud-based experience preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative with learning new technologies, such as AWS cloud-native services.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 3+ years of software engineering experience preferably in an Agile environment.
- BS degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Strong technical credentials, including hands-on cloud solution experience.
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including familiarity with modern cloud computing, agile development, automated testing, and development best practices.
- A track record of project delivery as a contributor to large, cross-functional projects.
- Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical bar, identify risks and create documentation.
- Experience in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization.
- Demonstrable experience working with large enterprise data assets.
- Experience with X12 healthcare transactions such as Eligibility and Claims.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI/PII data.
- Exposure to, and understanding of, Blockchain technologies such as DAML.
- Experience, or academic knowledge of, Terraform or AWS CloudFormation and AWS ECS/Fargate.
- General understanding of control plane and data plane, and basic knowledge of networking.
- Established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment.
- Experience with Distributed Software, Service Oriented Architecture, NoSQL database, and microservice concepts.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law
at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfto view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understoodChange Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.