Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Target Openings
10Job Description Summary
Business Insurance Technology organization is seeking an Associate developer to be part of the Business Information Management and Analytics value stream supporting the Data acquisition and Certification Release Train. The role operates under general supervision, provides intermediate programming, configuring and/or analysis skills for specific system assignments. Manages interaction between the systems and corporate technical support areas when additional support is required. Troubleshoots, conducts impact analysis, and escalates appropriately. Defines technical requirements and has ability to coordinate team resources to solve problems. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides intermediate programming, configuring and/or analysis skills as part of a full stack team
- Collaborate with DBT, system teams, and dependent teams during program and iteration activities
- Performs analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalates appropriately.
- Performs testing on code programmed per requirements
- Participate in testing activities for end to end testing such as unit testing, integration, performance
- Implement test driven development
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies such as daily stand up, refinement, iteration planning
- Pair programming capability
- Conducts systems analysis of system and solution design, including documentation of technical design documentation from a test driven development practice where applicable
- Participates in solutioning and user story refinement during PI planning
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Participates in POCs as assigned and uses critical thinking to analyze outcomes and recommendations
- Seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities
- Swarm and collaborate with other team members and neighbors to help improve team velocity as needed
- This job does not lead others
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency in full stack development skills including:
- Micro Services and Event Driven Architecture
- Hadoop, Python, Pyspark
- Java, Spring Boot
- WebSphere MQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Cloud Architecture and Terradata and other ETL tools exposure (like Abinitio) nice to have
- NoSQL DBMS
- Code Versioning Technologies i.e. SubVersion, GitHub
- Code Deployment Technologies i.e. Jenkins, UrbanCode, Gradle, Nexus
- Relational database management systems, SQL Server, especially in the development and modification of SQL databases, SQL stored procedures and data marts
- Agile Development concepts and tools
- Test Driven Development concepts and tools
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.