Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
First American is building a cutting edge, internal consulting team to grow our business through delighting our customer. If you crave customer satisfaction, are lit up by technology and live for transformation, this is the job for you.
As a full stack software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing of core applications. You will have influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, provide development insights, and apply best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services and will flourish in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We seek a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them. High collaboration with Product and Design are imperative. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and customers will make you successful in this role.
*Remote candidates encouraged to apply!Responsibilities
- Design, develop and test world-class, secure software and services
- Develop tools and processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
- Work with other engineers on the team to build the technical strategy and architecture for a broad area
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience building production software systems
- Experience developing cloud software services
- Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- OO design/development experience
- Test Driven Development experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise technology tools: Service Bus, Caching, SQL ecosystem, NoSQL, Multithread, Performance Optimization
- Rigorous focus on security at all levels of the application, a "shift left" mentality
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Familiarity in Financial and Insurance industry is a plus
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.