Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
HII-Technical Solutions Division (HII-TSD) is currently seeking a Software Developer/Engineer with expertise in game development, preferably with artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) efforts. The project this role will support is a rapid development and deployment effort to develop counter UAS (CUAS) technology for a critical US Department of Defense customer. We are looking for a multi-skilled software developer to join the team to assist in delivering critical Game Engine and AI/ML enabled solutions. A developer joining the project team will learn about the complex multi-disciplinary mission as well as engage with a highly-skilled engineering team delivering a cutting-edge solution to the end customer.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Utilize game engine expertise to assist in the development of a game engine based simulator utilizing reinforcement learning to model behaviors
* Assists in the development of evaluation metrics to assess the effectiveness of AI/ML algorithms in the presentation of CoA options to the warfighter
* Designs and develops system architectures and AI/ML models
* Develops software with a team to meet evolving requirements
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
* Experience developing with Unreal or Unity game engines
* Experience working as part of a technical engineering team
* AI/ML experience (specifically reinforcement learning)
* Experience using Python and its associated libraries (pandas, numpy, Tensorflow, keras, etc)
* Clearance: Must possess and maintain a SECRET clearance
* 2 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 0 years experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience.
* Master s degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field
* Procedural Environment Creation experience
* Experience using reinforcement learning with drones/vehicles
* Experience applying reinforcement learning in Unity or Unreal environments
* Experience developing an ML pipeline from data collection to model training to model deployment
* Redis/NoSQL experience
* Geospatial experience
* Version control experience, git preferred
* Experience with UAVs/CUAS
* TS/SCI preferred
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.