FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS about this position, please contact:
SUMIT KUMAR //
MICHELL CASEY //
** We will NOT accept 3rd Party (C2C) Contractors **
Position:Software Engineer (Golang/Docker Stack)
Duration:6+ Months (On-going Contract)
Location:Plano, TX 75024
Rate:Open/Market Rate (W2 ONLY)
Project: Vehicle Automation Testing Team
Must be local or willing to relocate at your own expense. Can live with in 100 miles from Plano, TX
Researching and coding the integration of physical components representing a vehicle configuration.
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery will require unit test and integration test automation.
Certain aspects of configuration are persisted in both MQTT and a MySQL transactional store.
Team grooming, knowledge sharing, and mentoring is expected for this role.
Engage with engineers learning Golang and being brought up to speed on standard CI/CD best practices.
Team communication, engagement, and a willingness to both provide and receive feedback and constructive criticism is a must.
Our team is practicing Kanban, but certain aspects of Scrum including retrospectives, daily standup, and backlog grooming sessions are held.
There will be opportunities to contribute on schema design, architecture, technology selection, and project planning.
- Event-driven and service-oriented system to orchestrate physical components into software-defined simulations of realworld products. Simulated, but hardware-backed, products are then used for security and functional system testing, in an attempt to provide CI environments where they have never been possible before. Data to be collected and shipped time-indexed to an enterprise search engine storing application logs alongside raw data including IP traffic and vehicle-domain multiplex communication content.
- Supporting components, such as UIs and tools, will be created as web applications and services and likely deployed to a public cloud. Notably, the majority of the technology solution will need to run colocated with the physical components being validated, so on-premises. The physical and network infrastructure supporting this is managed within the same group; not reliant on an external or Enterprise team.
Small Team Operating as Startup within Enterprise:
Work with modern Golang and Docker technology stacks
Experience with modern Golang and Docker technology stacks
Operating a logically isolated lab environment
Self-Managed DevOps pipelines and deployment environments
Freedom to select the technologies best suited to our problem space
Limited technical debt
Role engages in device automation, security, and networking
Current Technology Direction
Kubernetes-native, event-driven, application with ephemeral execution to dynamically tie together persistent physical harness components into software defined networks.
Data to be collected and shipped time-indexed to an enterprise search engine storing application logs alongside raw data including IP traffic and vehicle-domain multiplex communication content.
Support components, such as UIs and tools, will be created as web applications and services and likely deployed to a public cloud.
Familiarity with at least 5 programming languages and fluency in 2
Experience building and supporting 12-factor applications in a DevOps model
Experience as a software architecture consultant, with proven success implementing industry patterns
Experience solving for the security of highly sensitive information at application layers
Experience productively negotating with others about what layer of a product should provide features including information security, redundancy, and high availability
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Tooling including CI/CD
CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) Pipelines
Microservices architecture and 12-factor applications
Authentication and authorization
Containerization and container orchestration
Wireless Experience (WiFi, Bluetooth)
Security Foundation / Penetration Testing
Calance Consultant Benefits Offerings:
- EPO/PPO Medical Plan (Cigna)
- HMO/PPO Dental programs (Cigna)
- Vision - VSP (Vision Plan Summary)
- 401K VOYA Retirement vesting program