Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will complete intermediate end to end engineering tasks for specific system assignments including developing, analyzing, configuring, testing, debugging, troubleshooting, documenting, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on user or system design specifications, as well as participating in troubleshooting, conducting impact analysis and escalating appropriately. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design, development, and configuration functions as well as define technical requirements for assignments of intermediate complexity.
- Participate with team to perform analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of intermediate complexity and escalate appropriately.
- Work within guidelines set by team to independently tackle well-scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of programming/development experience.
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
Additional Job Specific Skills and Competencies
- Experience with .Net
- Experience with Node.js preferred
- Basic understanding of Agile preferred
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Occasional weekend and overnight work hours required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to trade-off and negotiation discussions.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Problem Solving - Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.