Software Engineer, multiple levels, Pioneer Square in Seattle, WA
Are you happy with your current employment? If a small part of you wants to check out and explore new opportunities we should talk! Our client is an A-Series startup growing rapidly in Seattle (Pioneer Square) to help revolutionize the Operating Systems for Supermarkets.
Our client is the digital tool that s going to transform the way Supermarkets develop relationships with their customers, grow their sales, increase store visits, and win customer loyalty.
Over 75% of grocery shoppers call out waiting in line as the single largest pain point when visiting brick and mortar stores.
Implement our App Checkout to enable your customers to skip the line by scanning items and checking out on their phone. Our patent pending technology works without Wi-Fi, handles poor cellular connections with ease, and makes buying weighted produce easy. Our artificial intelligence and computer vision technology mean that our system worries about shrink, so you don t have to.
Current Technologies include: mostly Kotlin, some Java, Azure, and Kubernetes.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, building, and maintaining large-scale software services
- 3+ years of experience in a mature organization using Kafka and microservices
- Confidence writing code in Java, Kotlin, C# or other statically typed modern languages
- Confidence with modern NoSQL and caching patterns
- Experience building and running services on AWS and/or Azure
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or comparable industry experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
Ideal candidates have a:
- Deep knowledge of Kafka and distributed computing patterns and anti-patterns
- Mix of startup and large software company experience
- Located near Seattle, WA or Palo Alto, CA
Every engineer on the team
- Is a seasoned senior or principal engineer with many years of industry experience working on big, complex projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Considers software development a craft that they're on a lifetime journey to master
- Will not settle for anything less than clean, SOLID, testable code
- Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from architectural decisions to coding to testing to operations
- Takes pride in keeping a tidy house with minimal technical debt
- Leaves their ego at the door and collaborates with the team to arrive at the best solution
- Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets