The PEGA Developer is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Developer will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements. The Software Developer will participate in code reviews and with all development-related activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer (Pega) is responsible for designing and implementing business applications using Pega PRPC and related Pega frameworks. Additionally, they will provide design and technical guidance to project teams developing solutions using Pega.
- Designs and develops effective, maintainable, high quality code in a timely fashion
- Develops technical designs and solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to concisely express solutions/ideas verbally or via written text and diagrams (eg UML or other)
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing and improving standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with analysts, Product Owners, and Integration Testing team to ensure the delivery of quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members. Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code deliverables.
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope. Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the departments scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures
- Provides proper status notifications and updates for internal and external communications
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Sr. Manager, internal Business, and Project Stakeholders.
- Understands multisystem security policies and guidelines
- Champions a continuous improvement mindset including identifying new approaches and processes that would contribute to improvements in the team, its implementations, and Asurions product suite
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience required
- 2+ years of development experience with Pega including PRPC 5.x/6.x
- Experience with PRPC 7.1 and strong working knowledge of Pega CPM Framework 6.x
- Experience with cloud technologies and architecture including AWS
- Detailed Knowledge of PRPC design and implementation topics including : - Rules, Class Design, Security, Flows, Adapters, Services and Connectors
- Deep knowledge of Pega application design concepts, case design principles, and development best practices in building Pega applications
- Experience developing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong technical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in n-tier, cross-technology application architecture
- Pega System Architect (CSA) or Senior System Architect (CSSA) certification is a plus
- Experience with the following technologies: Java, NodeJS, C#, TIBCO, HTML, XML, JS, CSS, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL and DBMS (e,g SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with Test Driven Development using tools like Cucumber, JUnit, NUnit
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery. Jenkins automation experience is a plus.
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge and experience
- Experience in application performance tuning
- Multithreaded Web Application experience. Knowledge of Scala and ReactJS is a plus.
- Experience creating Physical and Logical design documents
- Experience developing applications serving large transactional systems utilizing Oracle and/or other equivalent large scale DBMS (e.g SQL Server)
- Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, providing scalability and failover using two-node implementation
- *Intake Notes: Requires an on-site resource in Nashville with experience in PEGA, Oracle Database, Jenkins CI/CD Pipeline, and AWS. A candidate willing to learn React JS is a nice to have.