Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. SUMMARY
Ansys is working to expand the current capabilities of its Additive Manufacturing (AM) simulation applications and seeking a software engineer with experience using C# to create data driven services that can be used in desktop and cloud-based applications. The successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain these services in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
The Additive Manufacturing Application team is currently working on integrating additive services into a large design and simulation application. Tasks related to this effort include:
- Integrating services with the application's extensibility API
- Designing the user experience including workflow and user interface
- Integration with the visualization engine
- Integration of various components to perform simulations
- Creating cloud-based interfaces for the services
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Writing cross-platform code in C# (.Net Core, Standard and FrameWork)
- Articulating status and ideas at SCRUM based meetings, i.e. standups, retrospectives, planning and grooming
- Performing basic DevOps tasks including the creation and maintenance of build pipelines in Azure DevOps using Docker containers
- Developing features from start to finish including requirements gathering, design review, implementation, unit testing and feature level testing
- Interacting with other groups within Ansys as well as contractors to design and implement user experiences combining workflow and the user interface
- Presenting designs, mockups and task status using Microsoft tools, i.e. PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Performing application demonstrations for Ansys management and customers
- Troubleshooting customer issues and providing solutions using professional language
- Hunger to excel in a technical area such as mastery of C#, user experience design, software architecture, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and implementation using an object-oriented language
- Ability to present designs and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to write simple shell scripts
- Experience with basic Windows system administration
- Self-motivation and an ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Willingness to present an idea when it may not be popular or provide critical feedback, in a sensitive way, when it may not be received well
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing a.k.a. 3D Printing
- Experience in computer graphics and/or computational geometry
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis
- Programming experience with Python
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- System administration experience with Windows and/or Linux
- Experience programming with Windows WPF
#LI-BH1 CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City