Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking a Software Engineer I to join our organization as we grow to transform and mature our Technology landscape. Individual will work as a Site Reliability Engineer as part of a team to develop, automate, operate and enhance our technology stack, platforms and service offerings. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Technical Skills (must have some and a passion for learning the others)
- Develop, automate, operate, and advance solutions that enhance the developer experience, drive Public Cloud adoption, improve software operations, and mature our CI/CD pipelines.
- Increased automation and self-service - improve efficiency and advance methods to provision, build, deploy, and run our applications (Blue/Green, Canary, Monitoring/Alerting, Infrastructure as code, etc.).
- Cloud Provisioning / Infrastructure setup (cloud configuration, load balance points, firewall rules, SSL certificates, security configuration, etc.)
- Platform support - Monitor and support production infrastructure, help debug issues in all environments.
- Technical leadership - help ensure our technologies, processes, patterns, and standards continue to evolve.
- Work across teams to reduce organizational silos.
- More important than experience in any singular technology: A strong sense of curiosity about technology and a desire to learn and grow your career.
DevOps, DevSecOps, Amazon Web Services, Gitlab, GitHub, Jenkins, Linux, Ansible, Python, NodeJS, Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, MongoDB Atlas, Kafka, NPM, Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Minimum Qualifications
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- One year of programming/development experience.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Three years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Delivery - Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Domain Expertise - Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Problem Solving - Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems rather than working around them, recognize mistakes using them as learning opportunities and break down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication - Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely interact with team members, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members, take in well- scoped requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, seek out and receive constructive criticism well and listen when others are speaking.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.