Our client is looking for 2-3 Systems Software Engineer to join their existing systems development team based in Allentown, PA. In this role you would focus on customizations, solutioning and debugging a large, complex Saas product. Experience with Core Java (JDK) and Scripting experience is required. Our client is willing to coach/train on technologies and products but they need someone who is solution oriented and able to ask the right questions to understand the problem.
If you are looking for a role such as this please send resume to Jason Biser at .Title:
Software Engineer (Systems Developer) Location:
Allentown, PA (Please note, due to COVID-19 this position will be remote to begin but ultimately would require on-site work) Type of Employment:
Contact to Hire (No C2C) Essential Skills:
- 1-5 years of experience with Java programming language (currently we use Java 8).
- Proficiency in Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming.
- Proficiency in debugging.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Understanding of Design Patterns and UML notation and interest in algorithm analysis and design.
- Experience using Java IDE (Eclipse, JBuilder, or equivalent)
- Experience with 1 or more scripting languages. Batch Scripting is what we use the most but that can be learned as long as understanding of scripting languages (ie: ANT, Shell Scripting Perl, Bash).
- Familiar with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server, retrieving data from the database.
- Proficiency in writing web-based reports using Crystal Reports or similar tool.
- Any API experience (ie: REST or SOAP) is a bonus.
- Knowledge of PASCAL would be a major bonus.
- Bachelor or technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Professional software development experience preferred.
Application Delivery Lead
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or