At Asurion, we don't just redefine--we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by hierarchy. As a result we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference--for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace cloud solutions, continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
* Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
* Follows established coding standards and techniques
* Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
* Conducts code reviews with peers and management
* Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
* Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
* Maintains proficiency in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
* Maintains proficiency in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
* Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration.
* Assists with the compilation of status notifications for business stakeholders and Client Relations.
* Ensures code complies with security policies and guidelines
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
* 2 or more years of software development experience required
* Specific knowledge/experience in most of the following preferred:
* Hands-on experience with defining and implementing the release process
* Build systems/script construction (e.g., ANT/MAKE builds)
* Singe Page Web Applications
* Multithreaded Web Applications implementing Java technologies
Department: Information Systems / Information Technology