At Asurion, we don’t just redefine—we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn’t confined by hierarchy. As a result we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It’s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
The Software Engineer 2 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 2 will code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. This position will be a part of the team that is taking up the tech transformation from Tibco and Oracle to Glue , Node , Spark and Aurora.
Our Ideal Candidate :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field and 2+ years of software development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, VPC, S3. RDS, IAM, ELB, DynamoDB, and CloudWatch
- Demonstrated ability to build high performance multi-platform applications and robust APIs in an agile environment
- Experience with a mixture of the following technologies:
- AWS (EC2, Lambda, Glue , CloudFormation, S3, SQS, etc) or similar cloud platforms
- Chalice for serverless microservice development
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server or another RDBMS
- Automated testing including unit, integration, API, contract, and end-to-end testing
- Ability to review architecture, design, and code to ensure adherence to vision, standards, and quality
- Knowledge of source control and versioning tools (Git)
- Ability to build and innovate tools or automation to replace operating manual processes, deployment, and operational tasks
- Basic understanding of AWS IaaS and PasS offerings desirable.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with containerization practices (Docker, Consul, AWS ECS, and relate infrastructure)
- Bring critical thinking and new ideas to the team to contribute to the continued evolution and improvement of our systems
PRO00763 | Sterling | Virginia | US | 2018/04/24