The Software Engineer 4 is a functional expert and technical thought leader in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 4 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. The Software Engineer 4 is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting the Manager and/or Sr. Manager by facilitating assigned activities including the coordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
* Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
* Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
* Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
* Works with and leads off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
* Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
* Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
* Assists the Manager and Sr. Manager with the training and mentoring of the team members.
* Partners with business teams, development, and IT support to drive creation of processes and procedures
* Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
* *Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
* Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
* Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
* Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
* Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
* Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
* 5 or more years of software development experience required
* Experience being a technical leader preferred
* Specific knowledge/experience in one or more of the following preferred:
* Application Architecture
* Java, Scala, ReactJS, HTML, XML, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL, and DBMS (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
* Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
* Reactive Programming
* Single Page Web Application experience
* Multithreaded Web Application experience
* Creation of Physical and Logical design documents
* Developing applications servicing large transactional system utilizing SQL Server and/or other equivalent large scal DBMS (e.g. Oracle)
* Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
* Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, provide scalability and two-node implementation
Department: Information Systems / Information Technology