In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Provides professional software engineering leadership within (research and development) engineering, systems engineering, project engineering, or technology functions/organizations. Specific focus of duties will be on simulation software architecture, design, and development.Key Functions
- Design, implement, and test modeling, simulation, and optimization software architectures to meet dynamic analysis requirements.
- Provide software engineering expertise to guide architectural design decisions.
- Both independently and collaboratively produce high-performance technical computing applications in the areas of space system modeling and architecture performance assessment.
- Develop and implement algorithms to increase existing code performance and the ability to leverage on-site high-performance computing resources.
- Work with department analysts to develop new algorithms and processes to extend tool capabilities.
- Maintain, update, and re-factor existing software capabilities to modernize languages, structures, techniques, and operating system support.
- Interact independently with program office and government customers to ascertain current and future software requirements.
- Duties will include routine documentation of work in the form of user manuals and software documentation, regular status reports on progress, and occasional presentations to management, colleagues, and customers.
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, physics, math, or related field required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience required in simulation software engineering.
- Experience with parallel/cluster computing.
- Experience with numerical analysis, modeling, simulation, and algorithms associated with high-performance technical computing.
- Significant experience and demonstrated skills in object-oriented software design, implementation, and testing in C++ and/or C required.
- Familiarity with interfacing with other languages such as Fortran and Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; dependability and good interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support).
- Current and active TS/SCI.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
- Master's degree in engineering, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Prior experience in system analysis, modeling, and simulation.
- Experience with cross-language interfacings such as Python and C++.
- Background in distributed systems, multi-processing, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures.
- Background in one or more of the following areas: optimization, orbital mechanics, space applications, graphical interface design, data visualization.
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
poster and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement