The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) consists of a team dedicated to providing groundbreaking solutions to government and commercial customers by performing detailed and complex modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite access, and system performance to provide customer decision support for future space architectures.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Providing leadership and technical oversight of software development efforts focused on modeling, simulation, and optimization of space systems to support program office and government customers.
- Coordinating with customers and key stakeholders to define simulation needs, software requirements, and modeling strategies.
- Working closely with other software developers to lead and direct teams in the design, architecting, implementation, testing, and deployment of high-performance computing capabilities.
- Independently and collaboratively developing new modeling and optimization capabilities to leverage high-performance computing resources.
- Leading user engagement and support, incorporating feedback to direct evolution and strategy of software development activities.
- Supporting users through coordination and engagement with documentation of capabilities in user manuals, software documentation, status reports, presentations, and seminars.
How You Can Stand Out
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- 8 years of experience in simulation software engineering.
- Experience with parallel/cluster computing and associated methods, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience in object-oriented software design, implementation, and testing in C++ and/or C.
- Familiarity with interfacing with other languages such as Fortran, Python, and Java.
- Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support).
- A current and active TS/SCI, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Graduate degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- Prior experience in system analysis, modeling, simulation, or optimization.
- Experience in orbital mechanics, or space applications.
- Experience with interfacing C++ and Python applications.
- Background in distributed systems, multi-processing, multi-threading, event-driven software architectures, graphical interface design, or data visualization.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement