About the Job
Allied Electronics, Inc. is seeking a software engineer to enhance and support core embedded products
at our new, innovative facility in Bristol, PA. Future development will include Microsoft WPF and cloud-based applications.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, onsite workout facility
- Future living - 401(k) match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement
- Enjoy living - generous paid time off, social events, casual work environment
- Flexibility - able to shift priorities between development and support, responding to both
customer and internal requests, with minimal supervision.
- Communication - written and verbal communication skills are critical, as there is a high degreeof end-user interaction. Allied also requires clearly written and properly documented code conforming to company and industry standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- In order to qualify for this opportunity, you must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain and maintain a US passport.
- Five (5) or more years of software development.
- Coding in C++, C# using Visual Studio, Java, PHP, Python or other programming languages.
- Bonus points for experience with:
o Serial communications
o TCP/IP socket communications
o Embedded/real-time systems
o Retail Petroleum
o EPS (electronic payment systems)
o POS (point of sale)
o Microsoft Azure deployments
o Microsoft Windows API
o .NET framework
About Allied Electronics, Inc.
Allied is a small company with a big footprint -- because when it comes to automation, no other
company has done more for the Retail Petroleum Industry than Allied Electronics. Allied has provided
major oil companies with new technology for service station automation since 1975.
Allied's primary business is developing and maintaining interface solutions with our forecourt
controllers. Adding enhancements and keeping up with the constant dispenser changes for our
customers is a full time job. All of Allied's interfaces are developed with the complete support of the
dispenser, tank gauge, networks, car wash and price sign manufacturers.