Come join a team of talented engineers at Amazon Web Services
(AWS). This is a unique opportunity to contribute in building full-
stack microservices based advanced learning solutions from the
ground up using serverless technologies.
We are looking for highly motivated software development
engineers to bring in their ideas and experience to help us reach
our goals. Talk to us to learn more about the full spectrum of
applications and technologies we are working on!
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Design, develop, and maintain full-stack internet-scale web applications on AWS; heavy focus on RESTful APIs, infrastructure and test automation.
• Integrate our systems with core Amazon services for e-commerce, identity, and security, leveraging existing technologies.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation.
• Collaborate on our technology roadmap, turn visions into reality.
• Demonstrate extraordinary people skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 3+ years of Programming experience with at least one modern language.
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations