Position: Software Engineer
Location: Boise, ID
Bill Rate: $85-$115
Length: 12 month
Visa authorization: W2 only (US Citizen)
Requirement: BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience. 2-5 years experience in software development.
Upon conversion: Contract-to-hire if performance meets standards. COMPANY:
Our client is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the state. They were recently acquired and are growing their office by 25-30%. They are one of the industry leaders in their market.OVERVIEW:
The successful candidate will join a team of bright, hard-working engineers who are using OOP and Agile processes to design and implement unique solutions to emerging market problems. The candidate should be a creative, driven, motivated engineer that has a passion for web development, can think outside the box, has ability to learn quickly, and can deliver high-quality working solutions that are both maintainable and scalable. DAY TO DAY:• Contribute to all phases of product development and delivery from analysis & design all the way through to successful deployment. • Apply development and testing best practices to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions.
• Communicate clearly and collaborate with the team on both individual and group projects.
• Demonstrate excellent software craftsmanship and help foster an engineering culture focused on building high quality products and software.
• Work closely with Product team and Solution Architects to discover feature requirements.
• Participate in peer design and code reviews.EXPERIENCE:• 2-5 years professional software development experience, preferably in a web-based environment. • Proficient in at least one modern, structured programming language, ideally including PHP, Java, and Go. • Experience with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.). Experience with PL/SQL a plus. • Knowledge and experience in Apache Kafka, Linux, and UNIX utilities (bash, cron) and editors(Vim, Emacs). • Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Laravel, etc., a plus. • Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
• General knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Bamboo or Jenkins
• Excellent communication skills and desire to work in collaborative team environment.
• Knowledge of general Internet technologies including HTML, REST, HTTP, CSS, sessions, etc.
• Experience upgrading legacy systems to scale horizontally preferred.
• Background working with internet scale web systems preferred.
• Background in credit card and financial services a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com