Position Title : Software Engineer
Job Location : Herndon, VA
Length: 6 month contract to hire- contract extended 10 years until 2029
- Working with the latest and greatest technologies
- Flex hours
If interested, please send your most updated WORD DOCUMENT resume and the best times to talk to Lexi Johnson at lejohnson @apexsystems.com
Clearance Requirements :
- Applicant must have active Top Secret security clearance prior to starting.
- Applicant must be eligible for a TS/SCI with CI poly and willing to obtain one.
Primary responsibilities : Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities; Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems ; Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter programmed in business/mission applications and information gathered from system users to review and analyze software; Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls; Ensures software standards are met; Candidate will be responsible for working with the Software Lead and other Software Engineers, Systems Engineers and Project Leads to troubleshoot, design and develop solutions.
Mandatory skills :
- Ability to manage personal workload and effectively communicate blocking problems
- Ability to work in a team environment communicating with multiple discipline peers (Ex: Software Developers, Verification Test Engineers, Management, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting software defects and/or environment issues impacting software functionality
- Understanding of software principles and concepts associated with developing enterprise applications commensurate with experience.
- Applicant must have or obtain an active Security+ CE Certification within 6 months of start date.
Desired skills :
- Software Engineering experience:
- Developing enterprise solutions using programming languages (C#, ASP .NET)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure DevOPS Server
- Microservice Architecture and web services
- Continuous Delivery Pipeline and relevant technologies (Docker, NuGet, PowerShell, Test Automation,
- Database experience:
- Stored Procedures
- Database Concurrency Features
- Database design (e.g., scheme updates/changes, indexing rules)
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
*must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance as a condition of employment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or