The Software Engineer is involved in multiple areas of development including custom applications for digital signage, application and hardware monitoring, API development and data ingestion. Our client has a smaller team of 3 developers, a database admin and a few creative designers and has grown organically driven by customer opportunities outside of their traditional business. They are seeking a Software Engineer who is motivated to drive innovation alongside an award-winning team responsible for building unique experiences and solutions in a multitude of areas including remote monitoring, data analytics, and digital signage. Responsibilities
- Develop Software and Solutions in coordination with Development and Innovation team.
- Research new methods and technologies for approval and implementation to fulfill product and customer requirements.
- Oversight and QA of work completed by internal and subcontracted development resources.
- Work directly with customers to ensure proper development and delivery of solutions.
- Provide support to implementation teams for collaboration and digital signage solutions.
- 5+ Years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Proficient understanding of client-side scripting.
- Self-motivated to seek out and orchestrate the testing of new technologies and methods.
- Experience in development of data monitoring software
- Experience transitioning desktop applications to the cloud
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable imposing deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to take critique, direction, and ownership of one's mistakes.
- Ability to give constructive criticism to team members in a way that encourages improvement and growth.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com